Saturday, February 04, 2012

Sunday Houses Fredericksburg Texas

Saw these on the tiny house blog, so interesting  - "Sunday houses” built in the 19th century in Fredericksburg, TX.  These were used as a resting place in town when spending long days for church services after having driven long distances from homesteads.
 Sunday houses were small second dwellings maintained near a church as a weekend place of residence. They became popular in the late 1800s among farmers and ranchers who lived in areas too remote to permit commuting to services.  So cool!!

Please visit our website anytime!  
Nanalulus Linens & Handkerchiefs

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Louanne,
I want to thank you so much for the thoughtful Valentine gift you gave to me. I’ve been meaning to put it on my blog…hoping I get to today. Pictures have been taken so I’m halfway there.

thanks,
Cindy